Friday, October 24, 2008

Toussaint!

I think it is ironic that I was almost better at updating while biking cross-country, but I swear, life is busy here. The biggest news of the day is that we bought a bread machine! It sounds a little ridiculous for a year abroad, I admit, but seriously, bread is a big part of life here, and seeing as it was only 49 euros, and we 5 colocs (=colocataires, roomies) certainly have already spent that much on bread, it was a bargain. Not to mention that unless Obama is elected, I never plan to come home...
Anyway, other than that, I have been working a lot this week, trying to catch up on things before the vacation that starts now. I made my short stories class read my old favorite, Angela Carter, which was loads of fun, and interesting, as the guys ended up liking her crazy feminist stories better than the girls in the class. Who'd a thunk it.
So tomorrow morning bright and early I leave with three of the roomies to the organic goat farm where James WOOFed (international organization, which lets you Work On an Organic Farm) before arriving in Lyon. I am absurdly excited, and plan to post pictures upon my return. We will be there until Tuesday, and then Tuesday night I leave on a sleeping train from Lyon to Florence, where I will hang with Erin, and surround myself with art, gelato, and pasta. Check back in a week or so for more stories!

No comments: